Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

A quick question! Please help

10 posts, 8 members
Diaz-Paris
23 posts
Hey beautiful ladies. 

Ive seen so many articles and videos about people using sunscreen as a daily facial moisturiser, as part of their skincare routine.
I'm so curious! Have never tried this as a daily thing, but I would love to give it a go! 
So... any recommendations on what sunscreen/spf I should use? My skin is sensitive and also really dry. 
Also, if you've done this as part of your routine, did it help your skin? And how? 

Thanks!!

Pat17
580 posts
I always use  50 SPF as I have fair skin but I would use at least 30SPF . It is protection for your skin and very important to protect from skin damage. I like the Cancer Society ones personally but there are a lot of good ones available so I would check out the reviews on this site  to get a good feel of what you would like to try.
Lisa-Lou
2687 posts
Heya. I've also got dry, sensitive skin and it's definitely hard finding something that suits. I recommend trying LA Roche Posay Anthelios ultra light sunscreen spf 50. You might be able to go into a pharmacy and get a small sample to take away and try before you purchase. Then you can see if it suits your skin.
AboutFace
426 posts
You would be best using a natural sunscreen. A lot of those contain nasty ingredients and wouldn't be suitable for sensitive skin. It would depend how often you're in the sun and we do need our vitamin d. Some moisturisers contain an spf. 
SooziesWorld
3005 posts
I use a dedicated facial SPF50, year round, rain or shine. That might seem like overkill for some but at least this way I never forget to put it on. I use Meccas To Save Face which is really moisturising and also makes a good primer under makeup. I don't use moisturiser under it in summer as I find it is enough on its own. I personally don't believe that makeup or moisturisers with SPF in contain enough to adequately protect your skin. 

You do need to thoroughly cleanse your skin each night if you're wearing sunscreen ie double cleanse, to avoid breakouts from the SPF. As far as the benefits for your skin, these will not be immediate. You are protecting your skin from sun damage which will result in ageing and even skin cancers in years to come. 
Pat17
580 posts
Just remember the only guaranteed SPF factor is in sunscreen only.Make up with sunscreen does not get tested the same as sunscreen only so should be used on top of not instead of.
I also uses a rather hish spf sunblock as a base to my foundation daily! Think its super important to protect our skin from the sun rays as much as we can, Im currently using the mecca sunscreen specially for your face and its so light and blends in well with make up! Highly recommend!
Pat17
580 posts
I like the Cancer Society ones and use SPF for summer and at least SPF 30 for winter.Do not rely on SPF in you makeup as they are not controlled so may not be effective.
MareeB
5323 posts
Trilogy have a new one that looks good.
I cannot stress this enough. Sunscreen is so so so important!!! It is the single best product to prevent aging and helps with, acne, scars and wrinkles. I use the neutrogena hydroboost sunscreen as it is cheaper than most face sunscreens. It super hydrating the only downside is sometimes it can make your eyes a bit stingy. If using sunscreen in the morning I would say to use a moisturiser before just to give you that extra hydration. La roche posay has some of the best facial sunscreens but they tend to be a bit pricier. If you are acne prone use a oil cleanser before your regular cleanser in the evening to take off your sunscreen. My favorite oil cleansers are the goodness jelly oil cleanser and the Oat Cleansing balm from sephora.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!