Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Weird comments

10 posts, 9 members
Silvene
1288 posts
What weird comment, recommendation, or piece of advice have you been given by an absolute stranger?
I thought this might make for a funny read on the forum if it gets going. 

I went to the dentist today and saw someone I've never had work on my teeth before (I only moved to this town last year). I had to have three fillings replaced and 20 mins into my 1.5 hour long appointment, my jaw muscles started cramping badly from holding my jaw open. I had to ask for a break and if it was possible for me to get a bite block to reduce the pain. While the dental assistant was out of the room fetching the correct sized block, he (the dentist) passed a comment which I felt was quite inappropriate ... "I always think you ladies should have no problem holding your mouth open without it cramping, if you know what I mean.' *wink*, followed by a crude chuckle. Thankfully, the dental assistant walked back in and I chose not to response or acknowledge his comment, but it left me feeling uncomfortable.  I was actually too shocked to even think of a witty comeback. 
AboutFace
426 posts
Oh gosh some people just can't help themselves and think they're funny. I get random things said to me at work by customers and just choose not to respond as that's what they're trying for :-/
MareeB
5323 posts
Whaaaa??? that is wildly inappropriate! I absolutely hate it when men make comments like that, it's about as base and lacking in class as someone can get.
tabucutie
1839 posts
Wow, I can't even. That is messed up.

Nothing comes to mind at the moment. But when I think of an instance I'll post another comment.
Millyw
70 posts
Oh my gosh that must have been so uncomfortable. I don't understand why people think those comments are acceptable. Being stuck in a dentist chair can be an uncomfortable experience to start with...
SooziesWorld
3005 posts
Wow. Not only is it inappropriate it's also highly unprofessional. Dentists have a code of conduct and professional standards with which they must comply. I'd strongly consider reporting him and I certainly wouldn't be going back to that practice again, even if it means travelling to another town. I don't think it's any coincidence that he waited until the nurse left to say this to you - he was making sure there were no witnesses to this behaviour. 
Lisa-Lou
2687 posts
WTF! That is so inappropriate and creepy! 
Pat17
580 posts
That is not acceptable Ramblingrose. I would not go back to him again .
siouxsannah
262 posts
OMG! Ewwwww!!!
Pat17
580 posts
Hope you have since changed your dentist .He is a creep !!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!